Skip to main content

6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade: Chapter 8 - The princess showed it only to me ...


When Princess Clarice woke up, mother and father explained the situation to her.


In the meantime, I retreated to my room to change my clothes and wash my face.


 The person my father and his friends were talking to was a princess of noble stature.


 When I met her in the Forbidden Forest, I felt free to talk to her because of the circumstances, but she was not someone a child like me should be talking to.


Unbelievably, however, when I was ready to go, I was summoned by Princess Clarice.


She wanted to talk to me alone.


What in the world does she want with me?


I headed for the reception room, a little wary.


Princess Clarice was probably the princess of Meili, a small country in the north.


The crest of the country on her armor was familiar to me.


It belonged to the country of Meili, which had existed before I was reincarnated.


That country is adjacent to the territory of the Demon King.


To be honest, I have a bad feeling about this .......


It reminds me of my previous life.


After it became known that he was the strongest wise man in the world, requests for support arrived incessantly from various countries.


I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it.


There's no better way to stay alert.


Excuse me.


I bowed my head and entered the reception room, and Princess Clarice, who had completely healed from her injuries, walked up to me.


"Eddie.


"Princess. I'm glad to see you're feeling better. I'm glad.


I smiled at her.


I think I'm getting used to smiling like a six-year-old.


I'm relieved to hear that you're okay, too. Are you hurt? Are you sure?


'Yes! 


Are you sure?


The princess took me in her arms, so I'm fine.


Princess Clarice also smiled back at me.


She is a beautiful girl with big eyes and full lips, just like a princess.


However, her smile was a little shady.


This is no longer a dangerous place.


Maybe her mind is still reeling from what happened in the forbidden forest.


"Earl Radcliffe. Could you please leave me alone with your son for a moment?


The princess knight's words startled me and I looked back at my father.


My father's eyes widened in surprise as well.


I'm not sure what to make of that. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results. ......


What are you going to do, Mom and Dad?


Wait a minute.


I don't want to be left alone with you.


You're the princess of a country. Isn't it bad to be alone with a six year old?


 And I'd like you to stay because I'm afraid you'll ask me to do something strange if we're alone. ......


Eddie. I'm sure you'll be fine.


"Uh, yeah, .......


As you can imagine, I can't keep you here by pretending to be a spoiled brat.


The parents bowed to Princess Clarice and left the room.


I've never talked to a princess before, so I'm nervous. I've never even seen one before!


Of course, this was after I was reincarnated.


I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what's going on.


I'll try that approach for now.


"Hey, what country are you from, princess?


"I'm the third princess of the Meili Kingdom. I have come to this land to protect the savior who will defeat the demon king, after receiving a prophecy that he has awakened.


I knew it. .......


So you're looking for a hero! Good luck! I'm rooting for you!


"Eddie. You're a strange boy, aren't you?


What? What do you mean?


Princess Clarice is looking at me with straight eyes, as if she is observing me.


It's a very serious look for a child.


You have very intelligent eyes. Count Radcliffe told me that you defeated the Demon King by accident. But you didn't, did you?


"...... What do you mean? I don't know.


It's a good idea to have a good idea of what's going on in your life.


 In that case, I told my father that I wouldn't mind telling the princess that the Demon King had been defeated.


Because no matter what I think, there is no way to hide it.


I was able to deceive her about the orcs, but I also defeated the Demon Lord.


 I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get away with it, but then who the hell defeated the Demon Lord?


If it was pursued, it would surely come back to haunt me.


I thought about asking my parents or my brother to take over the role of the wise man, but it was not realistic.


 If they asked me to show them my power, they would immediately find out about it.


I don't want to jeopardize the position of my fathers.


 He thought it would be better to negotiate with Princess Clarice to stop the story at the stage of Princess Clarice than to force her to reveal it.


"In that forest, you rushed to protect us, didn't you? It wasn't a coincidence. You had a mind of your own.


I fell silent and thought for a moment, then slowly opened my mouth.


You didn't ask my dad the same question?


Yes, I did. I wanted you to tell me the truth about this, straight from your mouth.


Yeah.


It was your magic that defeated the orcs, wasn't it?


No, no, sister. I didn't know what to do at that moment, so I just watched for a while.


That's true.


It's true, I did it because I didn't feel good about abandoning her.


It wasn't to protect you.


Still, as it turns out, you did use your magic to help me escape.


Well, I guess I don't have a choice.


Princess Clarice is already convinced.


There is nothing more that can be done.


Then you'd better admit it and negotiate to keep your mouth shut.


Please don't tell anyone about my powers, princess.


"I knew it.


Princess Clarice fell silent, then took both my hands and squeezed them.


I looked up at her, startled by her sudden action.


I looked up at her, surprised by her sudden action, "You saved me with such a small body.


"Oh, princess?


It was your courage that saved me. You really ...... me, such a wretch.


Princess Clarice said, and turned her head slightly.


Her clear eyes wavered sadly.


It's a good thing that you're not the only one who has a problem with this.


I had to protect them as their master. ......


And on top of that, I couldn't even inform you, my savior, of the crisis.


Tears welled up in Princess Clarice's eyes as she pursed her lips.


I'm not sure what to make of this.


Her hands were trembling a little.


Princess Clarice seemed to be desperately trying to hold back her tears.


Her eyes are large and unblinking, and her tears are about to overflow.


Even though she is a knight, she may not have much experience yet.


She's only about fifteen years old.


She is too young to be called a full-fledged adult.


 She was holding back tears, and her face looked much more innocent than when she had acted stoutly in front of the orcs.


"Princess, did you get along well with those knights?


Princess Clarisse nodded her head in agreement.


They were the old soldiers who had protected me since I was a child. I love them ........


The princess couldn't finish the words and her lips trembled.


I'm sure he was like family to you.


Unlike my previous life, this time I was blessed with a family.


I want to protect them.


If I were to lose such a family, I would go to .......


I have yet to experience the pain of losing someone important to me.


I have never yet experienced the pain of losing someone important to me, but ust imagining it made me ache deep in my chest, and it was very painful.


I wish I could comfort Princess Clarice. .......


But I'm in trouble.


I don't know how to comfort her.


In my previous life, I didn't have much contact with people.


What I can do is .......


Don't cry. I'm sure they're happy that the princess is doing well like this.


The knights were wiped clean by our maids, my dad said. My dad said that the knights were wiped clean by our maids, and you can take them back to the princess's country in our carriage.


"Yes, ...... yes, .......


She'll be very happy. I'm sure she'll be very happy. She still has things to do for her knights, you know?


"Eddie-kun ....... I'm sure you'll be pleased.


I'm sure you'll be able to understand what I mean.


"...... ugh ...... Eddie-kun ......!


What?


Princess Clarice hugged me with a look of surprise.


"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


"......!

I was hugged and her chest was pressed against my face and it was painful.


But it's not the air that makes you go wild and let go ...


"I'm sorry ... Hick ... but just a little ... Forgive me only in front of you ..."

"Princess Claris ..."


It's no use.


I gave up and patted Princess Clarice's body with a thump.


Princess Claris kept hugging me and didn't let go until the tears stopped.

                                                            Prev | Index | Next


Join me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Htranslate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade: Chapter 1- The Strongest Sage, Reincarnated

  A roaring sound like the sound of the earth echoes in a building called the Temple of Darkness. Stacked in the corner of the temple are the skeletons of those who have challenged "that" and died. A blow of the Demon King that blows away the old skeleton rolled up dust and shook the stone temple. The countless swords released by the Demon King pierced the wise man's body one after another, spewing red droplets. "Sage. I'll praise you for hunting me down so far ... but ..." The final blow is about to be fired at the wise man who slowly raised his face. "Your life ends here !!" Blood running down the chin. The wise man's body is full of wounds, perhaps because he has no room to apply healing magic. There is no recovery person who can fix it. All those who have arrived here have formed a clique and cooperated at the party without exception. But there was only one wise man. The man who had outstanding magical power and was feared to be the stronge

6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade: Chapter 12 - Negotiate with the King in Sashi

  "This is this. If you think of someone, it's a very small visitor." The king, sitting comfortably in an armchair, stared at me without changing his posture. "Your Majesty? What did you do?" From outside the door, I heard the voice of a soldier. The king shakes his head in front of me, who is wary of the possibility of a battle. "Don't worry. No problem." "Ha ...!" Is it okay if an intruder appears in the transfer? Hmmm.  It's a strange king. "It seems that there was no barrier to transfer magic, isn't it careless? King" "Don't be so gorgeous that you misunderstand whether or not you are killed." It seems that there is plenty of room. But I didn't seem to be proud. From the sign without a gap, it can be seen that he is a considerable talent without using detection magic. "Rather than that ... are you the person I was looking for? Could you explain what that means?" "Looking for a wise ma

6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade: Chapter 2 - Status numbers are too abnormal

  A forest that spreads around the mansion. Just wearing a gown on my pajamas, I arrived at the entrance and immediately found a suitable monster. An object that is bouncing with a transparent body. A red slime, a weak monster that is ideal for toddlers' debut battles. Even if you can't expect experience points, it's a good idea to beat it with a 6-year-old body. When I was thinking about that, the red slime jumped at me. I jumped to the right and avoid it well. Because of the knowledge I gained in my previous life. I know the characteristics of red slime. The only attacks used but it is ramming and low heat magic and its weakness is the core in the middle of the body. If you stab a sharp weapon from above and pierce the nucleus, it will pop off in one shot. There are two types of magic that can be learned from red slime: fire magic and detection magic. The learning probability is high. It's awkward to shoot fire magic, so I'll launch an attack from here. I threw th